Thursday, March 7, 2013

Journal #36

It is very important for you to be yourself. Individualism is one thing that a lot of people do not care about very much in their lives. They just want to be like everyone else and fit in; wear the same clothes, talk the same way, and not stick out. When I look into the lunch room it is sad to see how so many tables of friends look the same. Girls all wear their tight, short skirts, or sweatpants and Uggs. I see the boys all wearing their Nike or Adidas shorts with the tall socks and tennis shoes. Teenagers these days could care less about being their own person, they just want to fit in and be liked. I try and pride myself on the face that I am my own person. I can do things for myself, I dress the way I want to dress, and I talk the way I want to talk. I do not need someone to go to the bathroom with me, like most girls my age think they have to. I do my own school work and homework, and I do not just copy others. I also do not try and hide when I know information. Too many people think that it is "uncool" to be smart, and that failing is more fun to do. I get good grades and I am very proud of this fact. Having your own personality and different friends is also very important. When you ask someone to describe you, you would hope that the words they use to describe you and different than the words they use to describe other people. If the whole world was the same it would be very boring, and no one would be very interesting. I hope that in the future kids will know or figure out how important it is to be an individual in their lives. Because it is one of the most important concepts to understand when growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment